I went in to Michael's craft store today...an interesting experience for a professed non-crafty person. Very overwhelming if I do say so. How does one find anything in there without finding something else first?
Upon successful purchase of exactly what I was looking for, a marvel I promise you, I was ready to head back out into the just as complicated world.
Rain.
I started the little "rain jog" that we all know so well. Then, I stopped. I realized that we all spend our lives running from the rain instead of standing in it.
I finished the jaunt to my car walking comfortably with my face towards the clouds.
I hope someone saw me, thought I was crazy, and then hopefully realized that I wasn't.
I'm just standing in the stream of God's grace.
No longer running.
I realized this morning that I am transparent before God. Whether I allow it or not. It is the realzing of my transparency that is so beautiful and frightening. I'm just unfolding after all. Why not allow it? I would rather float in the stream than resist it.
No more upstream battling for me.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Did I ever tell you about this one time my dad and I walked down an isle towards my best friend and Above the Rain was playing? now every time I hear it I think about that time.
ReplyDeleteI had not heard that beautiful story...Thanks so much for making my thoughts from yesterday that much more lovely!
ReplyDelete