Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Done

Done.

One of the most blissful feelings a college student can feel. The end of another semester.

One of the sad things about the end of the semester is that we wish for it so much. We get so wrapped up in studying and working that we want it all to be over.

But last night when I laid down, or this morning when I woke up (I don't remember which), I realized that I only have one more end of the semester to hope for. Then, on to the world! I am deeply excited about those opportunities and possibilities, but respectfully scared in the same way. Not a fearful sacred in which I do not trust, just a respectful consideration of what all of this change will mean.

I think I have adopted Psalm 143 for this phase of my life (refer to previous post). God revealed it to me one night during the stream of studying I completed over the course of a week and a half. I read it in the middle of the night on Monday night when I was pressing through to finish 2 research papers.

In this phase of transition I pray that God will show me the way I should go, that He will show me His unfailing love and will take care of the soul I entrust to Him. That He will lead me by His Good Spirit on level ground.

That way, when I am "done" next time, it will be time to "begin" the phase of another great adventure. That next "done" is something I need and hope for, but may it not be something that causes me to miss what happens in the meantime. Because I think the meantime will prepare me for my next "begin".

No comments:

Post a Comment